About Private Tour: Berlin Segway Tour Including TV Towe
Capture 360-degree views of Berlin from the observation platform of the TV Tower, and then explore the city by Segway on this private half-day tour with an expert guide. Skip the line and take advantage of fast-track entry to the tower before you cruise effortlessly on your personal transportation device along city sidewalks, learning about Berlin’s history as you go. Discover all the important landmarks in less time, allowing your private guide to customize the itinerary according to your individual interests.
Start your private Berlin tour by meeting your guide near the main entrance to the TV Tower in Alexanderplatz and skip the long line to the 360-degree viewing platform. Your guide will accompany you to the top and point out Berlin’s most important monuments from a height of 666 feet (203 meters). See landmarks such as Berlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom), Checkpoint Charlie, the Charlottenburg Palace and Brandenburg Gate from this amazing bird’s-eye view.
- Berlin Wall: One of the last remaining sections is now under historical protection.
- Checkpoint Charlie: The famous border crossing between East and West Berlin is currently an outdoor exhibit of the Cold War.
- Brandenburg Gate: Germany's most famous monument served as a backdrop for many of Berlin's most important events, from Napoleon's march into Berlin to President Reagan’s famous speech.
- Bebelplatz: The site of the Nazi's infamous 1933 book burning, directly in front of Germany's most prestigious university library.
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe: This powerful memorial includes 2,711 blocks of various heights upon undulating ground.
- Hitler's bunker: Recount the final days of the Third Reich and Hitler's bizarre demise.
- Luftwaffe Ministry: The former Nazi headquarters now houses Germany's Finance Ministry.
- Reichstag: Germany's famous parliament building stood just in front of the Wall in West Berlin.
Please note: List any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so that he or she can better prepare for your private tour.