About Central Otago Wine Tours from Queenstown
Experience the beauty of Central Otago, its fine wines, rich gold history and welcoming people. Your journey takes you into the heart of region through the picturesque valleys and rolling vine-clad foothills to taste some of New Zealand's finest wines.
Central Otago has become one of the world's premier cool climate wine regions. Wines of consistently high quality are produced in the region with Pinot Noir, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay amongst some of the world's best.
Visit four or five of Central Otago's premier vineyards on a sociable small group tour. On the Gourmet Tour, try a local cheese tasting and take a tour of New Zealand's largest underground wine cave, followed by lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard. The Boutique Tour will take you to smaller vineyards that are considered the gems of Central Otago. Enjoy a delightful gourmet platter lunch on both tours, and when time permits, visit Old Cromwell Town.
Gourmet Sample Itinerary (7 hours):
- Gibbston Valley - Visit New Zealand's largest underground wine cave and wine tasting
- Kawarau Gorge - scenic drive
- Olssen's of Bannockburn - wine and local cheese tasting in a garden setting
- Walk around the historic precinct of Old Cromwell
- Lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard
- Visit the iconic family run Aurum vineyard
- Chard Farm - wine tasting
- Optional seasonal visit to a local orchard market
- Peregrine Vineyard - wine tasting and spectacular architecture
- Carrick Winery - lunch and wine tasting
- Felton Road or Mt Difficulty Vineyard - wine tasting
- Van Asch Winery for great wines with a difference
- Visit to the historic precinct of Old Cromwell Town