About Edinburgh Rail Day Trip from London
Tour Edinburgh your own way on an independent day trip from London. Everything is arranged for you: return rail tickets, Hop-on Hop-off City Tour, entry to Edinburgh Castle, and an Edinburgh city map and guide. The rest is up to you!
The train from London's King's Cross Station whizzes you due north, passing through the Midlands with its canals and market towns, past old mill towns built during the Industrial Revolution and skirting England's east coast.
Waiting for you right by the station when you arrive in Edinburgh is an open-top sightseeing bus, for a bird's-eye view of this majestic Scottish city. The hop-on hop-off ticket gives you the freedom to leave and re-join the bus as often as you like. Frequent departures throughout the day mean you have total flexibility to plan your day the way YOU choose!
You will want to see all the main sights, attractions and landmarks of this lovely city, including:
- The Old Town quarter
- Edinburgh Castle, including the dazzling Scottish Crown Jewels and the Royal apartments where Mary, Queen of Scots gave birth to the boy who was to become King of Scotland and England upon the death of Queen Elizabeth in 1603
- Scotch Whisky Heritage Center
- Scott Monument, decorated with 64 characters from Walter Scott's novels
- Palace of Holyroodhouse, where state ceremonies and official entertaining take place when the Queen is in Scotland (though it has its own murderous history!)
- The Scottish Parliament Building
- St. Giles's Kirk
- John Knox's House
- Stroll along Princes Street checking out the tartan, whiskey and shortbread that have made Scotland famous