About Christmas Day on the River Thames: Sightseeing Cru
Cruise down the River Thames on Christmas Day and see London at its most peaceful! Gliding past top London attractions, like the London Eye and Big Ben, you’ll experience the city free from its normal crowds. A truly elegant way to spend Christmas, the cruise takes you along the river from Westminster Pier to Greenwich and then back again while you relax in style with a sumptuous 4-course Christmas lunch.
Leave Westminster Pier and cruise down the River Thames on the most tranquil day of London’s year – Christmas Day. With the river to yourself, you’ll glide along the water in the direction of Greenwich, enjoying picture-perfect views of London’s riverside sights without any of their usual crowds.
Your friendly host will show you to your table with an aperitif, and then all that’s left to do is sit down and eat your festive feast! Enjoy a lavish 4-course Christmas lunch, including roast turkey with all the trimmings, while your host serves you with quality wines from the bar (own expense). See sample menu below.
After lunch, take a stroll around the upper deck, looking out for popular London sights like the London Eye, Tower Bridge and the Cutty Sark ship. After 2.5 hours of cruising gently down the river, your boat will return to Westminster Pier, leaving you to spend your Christmas evening however you wish.
Sample Menu (subject to change):
• Roast butternut squash, coriander and cumin soup
Second Course (choice of one):
• Roast turkey with herb and onion stuffing, ‘pigs in blankets’ (cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon), roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Served with rich gravy, cranberry sauce and chestnuts.
• Baked wild mushroom, spinach, cranberry, hazelnut & brie pastry with cherry tomato & red onion confit served with seasonal vegetables
• White and dark chocolate gateau with cream
• Tea or coffee served with mince pies